Below are questions we hear often from families and helping professionals. Please take a look below to view our answers and call us at (803)438-3011 if you would like to discuss something in greater detail. We are here to help!
1. What is Pine Grove, Inc.?
Pine Grove, Inc. is a group living facility and private school specializing in serving children and adolescents with autism and intellectual disabilities.
2. What type of services do you provide?
Pine Grove, Inc. provides educational services and residential living for children and adolescents with autism and intellectual disabilities. Children are given the opportunity to learn new, more socially appropriate ways to express themselves and communicate their needs.
The private school uses individualized, strength base approaches to academic and behavioral growth. The school teaches life skills so that each child can become an independent member of the community.
School Program components include:
- In conjunction with the home school develop and implement the individual education plan
- Administer all federal and state testing requirements
- Consistent behavior support plans used in the classroom as well as the group living setting
- A variety of communication methods are explored to determine the best method of communication
- Psychological services utilizing principles of applied behavioral analysis
- Speech, occupational, and physical therapy as indicated in the IEP
- ll teachers are highly qualified, and licensed by the State of South Carolina in special education
- Varied sensory experiences provided throughout the day
- Educational assistants are trained and qualified to work in the group living homes
- Community based learning
- Experiential education
- Pre vocational skills development
- Direct instruction in the area of social skills, communication and functional skills
- Family focused services
- Campus atmosphere allowing independent living skills to be practiced in a real home setting
3. What ages are served at Pine Grove, Inc.?
Pine Grove, Inc. offers behavioral programming and special education for ages 6-20.
4. How is tuition paid?
Pine Grove, Inc. does not accept Medicaid as a payment method. Tuition and all other expenses are paid for by the designated referring State agency.
For more information on tuition and other expenses, please contact the Pine Grove, Inc. financial office.
Chief Financial Officer
803-438-3011, ext. 225
5. Who do I contact about admitting my child into Pine Grove, Inc.?
For admissions, contact:
803-438-3011, ext. 221
6. What qualifies a child for admission into pine grove?
Children referred to Pine Grove, Inc.’s group care intensive services program must be authorized for placement by a designated referring State agency. Services may be recommended for a child who currently meets the following criteria for the “Group Care Intensive Services” level of care:
A. The child is experiencing serious to severe relational or behavioral problems.
B. The child is not able to function successfully in a less restrictive environment.
7. Where is Pine Grove, Inc. located?
Pine Grove, Inc. is located in the town of Elgin, South Carolina.
Address: 1500 Chestnut Road. Elgin, SC 2904.
(From Interstate 20, take exit 87 towards Elgin. At the first traffic light in Elgin, take a right on US Highway 1. Follow for one mile and turn left on Chestnut Road. The entrance to Pine Grove will be 1/2 mile on the right.
8. What should I bring on my child’s admission date?
On the day of your child’s admission, please bring the following:
- Completed Admission consent packet, signed and dated.
- Written prescriptions for medications, if any.
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of SSC
- Medical insurance card and all other information pertaining to the child’s health insurance, ( i.e. type of Medicaid: Absolute Total Care, BlueChoice HealthPlan, First Choice by Select Health of South Carolina, Advicare, WellCare, Molina Healthcare of SC, etc.)
- Copy of recent physical exam
- Copy of recent tuberculosis testing
You may download a clothing list here:
– Admissions Recommended Clothing List –
Documents such as recent psychological/psycho-educational evaluations, medical information, individual education plans are needed prior to admission. If the following documents are not available before the admission date, please bring it with you on the day of admission.
Documents can be mailed or E-mailed to:
Pine Grove, Inc.
1500 Chestnut Road
Elgin, South Carolina 29045